Integrative and Functional Medicine
Integrative medicine is an approach to care that puts the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. To schedule an appointment with Melissa Frazelle, FNP please click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Functional medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.
- Integration of conventional internal medicine with functional, integrative, and holistic approaches.
- Thorough discussions of symptoms, diagnoses, and treatment options.
- In-depth testing/ analysis, including comprehensive lab work and specialty testing.
- Exploration into many aspects of life that influence health, including lifestyle, genetics, environment, and stress.
- Discerning use of medication, supplements, and lifestyle modifications
- A personalized health plan to treat the underlying cause of persistent symptoms and conditions.
Interests and conditions treated:
- Digestive Issues
- Hormonal Issues
- Fertility Optimization as well as Prenatal/Postpartum support
- Thyroid conditions
- Autoimmune disease
- Mental and brain health
- Skin issues
- Cardiometabolic disease
- Weight Management
- Looking for a more holistic, integrative, or functional approach to health for any of the conditions listed above.
- Would like alternative options.
- Wants a healing approach
- Wants a body-mind-spirit approach
- Has been to many doctors and can’t figure out what is wrong.
- Wants and alternative to medication/pharmaceuticals or a collaboration with alternative therapies
To schedule or discuss an appointment click here: email@example.com
Resources to better understand Integrative and Functional Medicine:
Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
Integrative Medicine https://integrativemedicine.arizona.edu/about/definition.html
Dr. Mark Hyman
Hyman is a family practice physician who is an internationally-recognized advocate and pioneer of Functional Medicine. He coined “The Pegan Diet” and has a podcast, The Doctor’s Farmacy, where he discusses his passion for real food, nutrition, and wellness on an individual level, as well as global scale.
Dr. Andrew Weil
Weil is a world-renowned leader and “grandfather” of integrative medicine. He founded the Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and popularized the Anti-Inflammatory Diet.
Dr. Peter Attia
Attia is a general surgeon/NIH-trained physician, who has a podcast called The Drive, focusing on the applied science of longevity, the extension of human life and well-being. He is known for his deep dive conversations surrounding fasting, ketosis, and the prevention of heart disease, dementia, and cancer.
Dr. Sara Gottfried
Gottfried is a board-certified gynecologist, physician-scientist, speaker, and author with expertise in women’s hormones, metabolism, gut-brain issues, and healthy aging.
Dr. Izabella Wentz
Wentz is a pharmacist, speaker, and author who has dedicated herself to spreading awareness about lifestyle interventions and the root causes of autoimmune thyroid disease.
Brown is a social scientist who studies shame, vulnerability, courage, and leadership.
She teaches us to live whole-heartedly with a focus on self-love, mental health, and connection.
ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet (Longevity Diet)
ProLon is the first clinically tested fasting meal program based on over 20 years of scientific research sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and the USC Longevity Institute.
The Fasting Method